South Leverton Memorial Institute
South Leverton Memorial Institute
South Leverton Memorial Institute
South Leverton Memorial Institute is a Not for Profit Organisation: Registered Charity No. 245582
A place in the beautiful village of South Leverton that can be hired for any event and occasion. From birthday parties to farmers markets we can cater for all!
CURRENT HIRE RATES ARE AS FOLLOWS;
MAIN HALL: £10 PER HOUR : £60 PER DAY : £35 PER HALF DAY
MEETING ROOM : £6 PER HOUR
BOTH HALL & ROOM : £13 PER HOUR
CHILDREN'S PARTIES : UNDER 13's : £35 : 13 -18's : £45
ADULT'S PARTIES : £60
THIS INCLUDES USE OF THE KITCHEN
TO HIRE THE VENUE, OR FOR ANY QUERIES, PLEASE CALL : 01427 880647
These notes are intended as a supplement to the "Standard Conditions of Hire" which should be read together with this "Guide to Use". Hiring is subject to the acceptance of the full legal conditions of hire.
A copy of the "Guide to Use" should be read and signed by hirers prior to using the hall. This will cover use of the hall for a 12 month period.
Useful contacts and telephone numbers: Caretaker/Booking Clerk:
Sue McCreight, Elnwyn Cottage, Town Street, South Leverton, Retford, Notts, DN22 0BT
Telephone Number 01427 880647
Emergency key holders: Please phone: 01427 880647 or 01427 880598
The Hall may be hired either as: A full building, Main hall (200 persons max, seating for 100), Committee room (25 persons max)
Hire rates include the use of all facilities:
Chairs and tables (There are tables and chairs sufficient to seat 125 people);
Permanent lighting system;
Loop-system for hearing impaired users;
Sound system: The controls for these are housed in a cupboard by the stage. Access can be arranged by the caretaker who will also give assistance in the use of the equipment if necessary. A microphone can be made available if required
Audio Visual System (Overhead Projector) Instructions for use are sited with the equipment in the main hall and the Meeting Room and the Booking Clerk will be pleased to assist anyone who has not used the system previously.
Modular Stage System Please tell the Booking clerk if you would like the stage configured in a different way from its normal configuration. The time taken to do this will need to be included in your period of hire
Hot water is permanently available
Well Equipped Kitchen
- Crockery and cutlery for 120 covers
- Warming Cabinet
- Fridge, Dishwasher
There is a catering oven and allowances need to be made for cooking times – Please ask the caretaker if in doubt. Please leave the cooker and kitchen in a clean and tidy state. An extra charge may be added to the letting fee if the caretaker has to clean the cooker or if additional cleaning of the kitchen is required. Waste must be removed or put into outside bins provided. Recycling waste should go into the blue bin outside.
Please treat the building and contents with respect and care. Children should be supervised at all times. Ball games should not be played in the building and suitable footwear worn at all times (e.g. no spiked cricket shoes please)
- Whilst using the hall:
Internal doors should not be locked
External fire doors should remain unlocked.
Fire escape doors should be unobstructed NB: the user is responsible for familiarizing themselves with location of the fire exits prior to an event. A plan of exits is displayed in the hall foyer.
- The hall should be in a clean condition at the beginning of the hire and we ask you leave it in a similar condition. (This applies particularly if materials have been used are difficult to remove from the floor at a later time). Cleaning materials are available and all rubbish should be removed to the outside bins (separated into recycling in the blue bin and landfill in the green) Spillages should be dealt with immediately to avoid slips and falls. Mops are colour coded to ensure they are used appropriately.
The vacuum cleaner is unable to cope with large volumes of paper waste which should be collected by hand or swept up.
- Hirers are responsible for the arrangement of furniture. Tables are stored in the storage area to the right of the stage and chairs stacked in sixes at the end of the hall. They should all be returned to the area after use. There is a chair carrier to assist when moving chairs. Please do not take and use the chairs and tables outside the hall at any time.
- The heating in the main hall, are hot air blowers, the Booking Clerk can advise. Please make sure it is turned to the minimum on leaving the building and all lights are turned off.
- A surcharge may have to be added to the letting fee for lighting and heating left on
- Keys to the windows locks are kept in the drawer in the kitchen next to the sink. Please ensure all doors and windows are checked and locked after use
- Accidents do happen! Please help us to keep the building in good order for future users by reporting any breakages/damage to the booking clerk using the form issued with the keys to allow remedial work can be carried out. A charge for replacement or making good making good may be added to the final invoice.
- After the event, keys should be placed in the letter box after locking the main door and checking that it is secure.
- An invoice for payment will be issued.
- The building and its contents are fully insured but property belonging to user organizations is not and should be insured separately.
- Accidents to persons must be reported to the caretaker and should also be entered in the accident book.
- Please remember this is a "No Smoking" building.
- Enjoy using our Village Hall but please try not to disturb local residents when leaving the building late at night.
- Charges are based on the length of time the hall is in use, (see Letting Charges leaflet)
A form will be issued with the keys and should be completed with details of times etc and returned with the keys. Details of any damage/breakages, accidents etc should also be noted on this form.
For all bookings of an hour or more, we add 15 minutes at either end to allow for any "setting up" and "taking down" time. If more time is needed, and/or if the Hall is left unavailable for others as part of the setting up/dismantling, this time must be booked. Any room/time use beyond that booked will be charged for after the event, unless there are extenuating circumstances. For late-finishing functions, it may be possible, by arrangement, to gain access to the hall up to 11am on the morning after to clear up.
If a caterer is hired who needs time in the hall, the time will be charged to the hirer.
The Letting Charge includes:
- Use of the hall
- Heating, water and electricity
- Chairs and tables
- Crockery, glasses and cutlery
- Full kitchen facilities
- Loop system
- Sound system
- Auto Visual systems
There is a licence to sell alcohol for the hall.
The management committee reserves the right to request a deposit for some functions.